Why go plant-based?
1. For the planet – animal agriculture contributes largely to greenhouse gas emissions, even more than all the exhaust from cars, trucks, planes etc. combined! When you go on a plant-based diet, you slash your carbon footprint by roughly 50%! Who knew that changing the way you eat could be the key to saving our planet?
2. Lose weight – since plant food is not as calorie-dense as animal meat, you can actually eat more without gaining weight! Plus, they’re naturally rich in fiber so you’ll always be regular.
3. Reduce risk of diseases – many studies show that going on a plant-based diet drastically reduces your risk of getting diabetes, hypertension, heart diseases and even cancer! For many, it can also be the key to reversing diseases that they already have.
4. Better sleep and mental clarity – since your body is getting more nutrient-dense and easily-digestible food, it won’t use up so much time focusing on digestion, leaving you with more energy to think clearly and move better. A steady supply of nutrients from whole foods can lower cortisol (a stress hormone) in the body, which in turn helps you relax more and get better quality sleep.
5. Natural glow – once you go plant-based, you’ll notice your hair is shinier, your nails are longer and skin is clearer. Plant foods naturally detoxify your body leaving you radiant and glowing.