Six Tips To Boost Your Immunity
The best way to prevent yourself from getting sick is to keep your immune system up and ready to fight pathogens. Here are some tips to boost your immunity:
1. Eat fermented foods – fermented foods like yogurt, kimchi, kefir and kombucha contain good bacteria that promotes the production of antibodies that help fight infection.
2. Eat more fruits and vegetables – they are rich in fiber and loaded with nutrients that help boost your body’s capability of fighting pathogens.
3. Get enough sleep – getting the recommended number of hours allows your body to restore and repair itself, keeping your immunity in top shape.
4. Exercise regularly – physical activity helps flush out bacteria in the body and reduces risk of getting illness.
5. Wash hands whenever you can – by observing proper hygiene, you have a better chance of fighting infection.
6. Avoid drinking alcohol – the presence of alcohol in the gut disrupts the barrier that keeps bacteria out. It also decreases the number of cells that help fight infection.
Maintaining a healthy and sustainable lifestyle is important to keeping our immune system in top shape. Follow these tips to prevent getting sick.
Do you have additional tips that you want to share with us? Let us know in the comments!