Along with our commitment to prepare delicious meals to match the modern Filipino’s busy lifestyle, we are also looking for ways to make our services more sustainable and environment-friendly. 😊 Currently, our food is packaged in biodegradable plastic and craft paperbags made with recycled paper. Starting next week, we will be implementing the REDUCE, REFUSE, and REUSE system.♻️
1. REDUCE: On your first day of the week, you will receive a Diet Diva ecobag with your meals. This is for you to use for the entire week. We can give a maximum of three, as needed.
2. REFUSE: Plastic utensils will no longer be included unless requested.
3. REUSE: You can return the plastic containers in exchange of treats and perks! Our riders will collect clean and washed plastic, after we deliver your Friday meals. You may leave them at your lobby for pick up or hand them over directly.🙂
Every little effort counts, Divas! With your help, we can maximize resource consumption and lessen waste altogether 🙂
Ready to take on 2019? Here are a few tips to jumpstart your fitness journey!
1. List everything down. List down your food for the day & your daily exercise as well. Seeing things on paper make you more accountable!
2. Have a fitness buddy! People are more likely to stick to their goals when they do them with someone else. Keep each other in check!
3. Make sure to drink a lot of water (plain, not flavored!) and get enough sleep (6-8hours for adults). Sleeping before midnight will really improve not just your mood but also how quickly you reach your goals. It also makes you lose belly fat (made worse by sleep deprivation & stress).
4. Listen to your body and understand the hunger signals. Is it really time to eat or are you just an grabbing a snack because you feel stressed? Emotional eating causes weight gain for a majority of Filipinos– because we eat when we are sad, stressed, happy or even bored. Or all of the above! So start really listening to your body and being in control over these emotional impulses
5. PRIORITIZE NUTRITION. While exercise and stress management are important factors, the real key—80% of the equation–is nutrition.
So invest in a good meal delivery service. We at Diet Diva will take care of you, so you can focus on the remaining 20%, and together, we can achieve your health goals 100%
I share this “2018 in Health” reflection with a smile on my face.
Usually when we set resolutions as adults, they are barely accomplished, and plus my health goals for 2018 were set high.
Heal my hypothyroidism
Lose 20% Body Fat
Regain My Strength
Get my Abs back!
Did I achieve all 5? Nope, I did not achieve losing 20% body fat, nor did I get my ABS pack. (2019 is the YEAR OF ABS, I PROMISE! )
Why am I so darn happy then? Well– I’ve ticked off 3/5 things on my list, the ones that I feel, are “out of my control”, and as I realize this now nearing the end of 2018, i’m in such a grateful & celebratory mood! I have tears in my eyes! After my final test last November, I have healed my hypothyroidism & I no longer have PCOS. AMAZING!
To give you a bit of background: this was my challenge for TWO YEARS. It has been a struggle: for months I noticed changes in my mood and energy, as if my STRONG KAKKI switch was turned off (I’d wake up exhausted, I was unhappy, moody, lethargic, having a hard time sleeping, & had unexplainable weight gain), then months of tests trying to understand, and more months trying out which meds would work best with me. 2018 was the year where, I decided to commit by adding changes to my lifestyle. I decided to go off meds as well, so I could listen to my body more and heal naturally.
HEALING from PCOS & HYPOTHYROIDISM
I believe the biggest factor here was SLEEP. I was committed to getting more rest, productive, healing rest.
To improve my sleep I welcomed essential oils into my lifestyle, as part of my rest post-work ritual. I LOVED IT!
They made me sleep better, and faster. I embraced solitude as well, which meant saying no to some events & parties (some! I’d still go out, only if I had no work the next day and if I could sleep in), and spending quiet time at home.
POWER through PCOS
I adjusted my diet to anti-inflammatory food, follow my food intolerance list, and go Gluten-Free.
GLOW was the perfect meal plan! Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Low-Sugar. Eating an anti-inflammatory diet may counteract some of the inflammation in women with PCOS and help improve both metabolic and reproductive aspects, and I truly noticed improvement in both my skin, mood & energy levels.
Regain My Strength
I also trained regularly with a trainer in my gym. This way, I had a consistent strength training program with a coach who would monitor me strictly and see improvements. I posted my workouts on my IG for accountability as well, so I can stop being lazy.
+ BONUS: MENTAL HEALTH, MEDITATION, ETC.
This year’s biggest surprise was with Mental Health. I experienced my first struggles with anxiety this year, which prompted me to seek natural methods via more yoga and meditation. I enrolled with Transcendental Meditation PH, took my classes last October and this has been truly life-changing. I LOVE meditating! It has powered me through a difficult time and is now my source of clarity, energy & peace. My happiness levels have truly soared now that I started meditating every day. Oh and I got a puppy! I know it’s extra work to take care of a dog, but having pets at home really help you live happier, healthier, longer lives, by reducing stress levels and improve heart health.
So now, just a few hours away from the new year, I write new health goals for myself.
Even with the extra pounds I’ve gained this holiday, I am confident 2019 is the year I lose 20% body fat and get my abs back.
I wish to commit to yoga every day, increase daily cardio, strength & flexibility. And to cut sugar! (I have a sweet tooth, so this will be a real challenge). Now that I have managed to heal myself within, establish a rest ritual, & practice meditation daily, I feel more confident that I can elevate my wellness goals and work to achieving my best, healthiest self next year.
I hope that my good news inspired you all to create new health goals for 2019! Happy New Year!
We have something special for the upcoming holiday season—the Diet Diva Dessert Boxes! Our best-selling cookies (PEPPERMINT, PEANUT BUTTER CHOCO FLAXSEED, CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP) and our DARK CHOCOLATE CHIA BARK can now be ordered in bulk—perfect as gifts for family, friends (or for personal consumption)! Best part is, these treats are vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free! Text/Viber 0917-703-DIVA (3482) or call 434-DIVA (3482) to order 🎄✨