It’s the best time to start your practice! Pair your Diet Diva meals with yoga and together let’s feel better – both body and mind.
Diet Diva partnered with Urban Ashram Yoga and we couldn’t be any happier! All clients who book this June get free yoga classes from our friends over at Urban Ashram.
(02) 661 YOGA / 0917 881 YOGA
(02) 869 YOGA / 0917 718 YOGA
– See more at: http://urbanashramyoga.com/member/diet-diva/#sthash.G1amS1Ud.dpuf
Get in shape in time for summer with Diet Diva and 360 Fitness Club!
Purchase a 1-month full meal plan at Diet Diva and get a FREE 360 5-Day Fitness pass! Get to try our different 360 Programs to keep you fit and healthy!
Use the promo code below to avail your FREE pass valid until March 31, 2017:
See you at 360!
Book your slots here.
Diet Diva and Lean Machine is the proud fitness partner of Filipina Jiujitsu Champion, Meggie Ochoa!
Margarita P. Ochoa, is a 5ft. 105lbs Filipina Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu purple belter under team Atos Philippines and the Ju- jitsu National Team Philippines. Brazilian Jiu-jitsu is her passion. Her goal is to become a world champion at every belt level and bring pride to the Philippines. Meggie aims to create a positive impact on communities by sharing the sport and its values, and to help empower Filipino women, all for the greater glory of God.
Within three years, she was able to bring home three world titles: white belt rooster (2014), blue belt rooster (2015 and 2016), two Asian Open titles at blue belt rooster (2014 and 2015), and just recently, an Asian Beach Games 2016 gold medal. Now, Meggie is representing the country for the IBJJF Pan-American Championships in California, USA! Now that’s girl power!
Diet Diva thru Lean Machine powered Meggie during her training here in the Philippines! Our yummy Diva Granola snacks also serve as Meggie’s snacks in the US!
In celebration of World Meat-Free Day, our Nutritionist Extraordinaire and resident-Vegetarian AV Gawtee shares some reasons why it may be a good idea to cut down on meat intake.
Going on a plant-based diet has been proven to help those who want to shed the extra weight. Animal foods, especially red meat, contain higher amounts of fat, compared to other protein sources, and the body has a harder time digesting it, causing weight gain. You won’t notice right away because fat in meat is usually hidden, but consuming more of this increases calorie consumption, and you won’t just pack on the pounds, but you are at an increased risk of different diseases.
Giving up or lessening your intake of meat has many benefits especially when it comes to different diseases like diabetes, kidney stones, gallstones, heart disease and of course, cancer. Eating more fruits and veggies means more fiber and antioxidants, which fight cancer-promoting free radicals in your body. Adequate fiber intake also helps in lowering blood pressure.
Those who regularly consume red meat increase their risk of developing heart disease by 30%. On the other hand, consuming more fiber and potassium-rich veggies, grains and legumes can improve heart health, significantly reducing risks of stroke and heart attacks.
According to Dr. Frank Hu of the Harvard School of Public Health, “[…] regular consumption of red meat, especially processed meat, contributes substantially to premature death,” Cutting out red meat can actually prolong your life by 20%!
Aside from all these numerous benefits of going meat-free, this kind of diet is also good for the environment. Animal agriculture produces more waste than emissions from all modes of transportation combined. The methane and nitrous oxide from farming animals and the waste that comes with it are much more potent greenhouse gases compared to carbon dioxide.
Go green for your health and for the environment!
Diet Diva is a proud partner of #WorldMeatFreeDay on June 13! We want to raise awareness of the benefits of eating less meat for a healthier, balanced diet that’s better for our planet and fairer to our food systems too.
Go to www.worldmeatfreeday.com and see the impact you could make! Join the conversation on social media by tagging WMFD’s official Twitter page (@meat_free_day) and include hashtags #WMFD #WorldMeatFreeDay!
We interviewed long-time #Divambassador and Female Artist of the Year Awardee – Morissette Amon!
What inspired you to start eating healthy? Motivates you?
– Growing up, I’ve always had the freedom to eat anything I want.. But that also meant not caring what it could do to my body. It wasn’t until I started my career that I’ve learned to be more conscious and careful. Dubbed as the “Next Big Diva” (char haha), people expect all-out energetic performances from me.. That inspired me to always keep my health and body in top shape and condition.
What are your health goals this year?
– I’m aiming to lose a few more weight and firm up, I wanna challenge myself this year to be the most fit I’ve ever been.. Also because it would really help me a lot to be able to move more comfortably while performing.
What’s your advice to people who want to get into fitness/weight loss?
– If you wanna get somewhere, you have to start taking that first step.. then, consistency and determination is the key. Also, love yourself!
Want more #Divambassador testimonials? Click here.
We are delighted to have a world-class artist as part of our #Divambassador roster! We interviewed Miss Joanna Ampil, one of our loyal Diet Diva clients, on what motivates her on her fitness journey!
What inspired you to start eating healthy? Motivates you?
– When I did the movie Larawan last year, I decided that my character had to be slightly hefty. Therefore putting on the extra weight made me feel more grounded and earthier and gave me the gravitas I needed for my characterization. Soon after Larawan, I realized I had to lose a few pounds for my next character which was Francesca in ‘The Bridges of Madison County’ as we all know it’s a very sensual role and showing off a bit of skin might be necessary so I prepared for it. I asked Kakki Teodoro while we were working on South Pacific to give me details about Diet Diva. Since I have a lot of allergies, she was willing to customize my meals for me. Immediately after that, I decided to have my meals delivered by them. I had a busy schedule with rehearsals and found that the most perfect and convenient way to have my meals were via delivery. What’s great about diet diva apart from having my food customized at no extra charge, the price is so reasonable and the meals are delicious. I don’t ever feel deprived either. I can still have some desserts and cakes which is part of the meal plan.
What are your health goals for the year?
-My goals for the year- since I have a few shows coming up here and abroad and with Larawan opening this year, I want to feel fitter and more confident with my body. I’m doing a show called ‘rebel’ right now and my costume is a corset. Having lost some extra pounds just makes me feel better about myself and wearing those costumes with ease.
What’s your advice to people who want to get into fitness/lose weight?
If you want to do it, just have a kick start by starting off with eating healthily. When you realize that you’re starting to lose weight, the rest will follow, it’ll motivate you to do more such as exercise and becoming more active. You’ll also begin to say no to bad food because your body just naturally wants healthy stuff. Good luck and live healthily.
For more #Divambassador stories, visit www.dietdiva.ph and read on about our #Divambassador testimonials!